Tuesday, September 2, 2014

#30Layers30Days Challenge

Day 1 Start, Stop, Continue
What do I want to START?
I want to start CONSISTENTLY supporting, cheering, and speaking positively to myself just as much as I do so for others. The constant internal turbulence this creates inside me is so unhealthy. Not just mentally but physically as well.  I make tremendous effort to speak kindly to others, support their visions as well as volunteer my personal time helping others projects come to fruition. Why can't I do this for Melissa?
STOP
I want to stop procrastination in its tracks! Even as I write this I've been procrastinating. I think I've always been a procrastinator. I can remember being in school and procrastinating on completing projects. There would be this frenzy near the completion date and I would drive everyone around me crazy because I would be short tempered and generally nuts! I thought I liked this and believed I thrived on the stress. Ha! Age has proved that theory WRONG! I do NOT thrive off of the energy of last minute preparation. I realize that I love the calmness that comes from having things finished and completed and the peace throughout of having enough time.
CONTINUE
I am going to continue to spend time getting to know myself. In the past, I ran from myself. Only to realize how unhealthy and unnecessary that was. Totally fruitless. You live with yourself. Everything you d\do, think, experience is with you. You cannot escape. Face it! Instead of rejecting yourself, its far better to work it out and learn to love you. Its the most rewarding human relationship I've ever pursued.

No comments:

Post a Comment